The Jet Billing System is a convergent system that not only performs both pre-paid and post-paid billing, but also data and Voice/VoIP. Below is a list of Voice specific features. For a full list of stand features, see How Jet Works – Billing for Everyone.
PABX & Call Manager
For voice networks, Jet integrates with a number of PABX systems including NEC and Alcatel, as well as Cisco’s Unified Call Manager systems. Jet Also integrates with open source systems such as ASTERIX and FreeSwitch, providing a comprehensive voice billing platform.
New call managers are being added regularly, and integration can also be requested by customers for specific devices, so please contact us if your preferred device is not listed.
Jet currently imports Voice and VoIP billing from a variety of provider CDR formats, while for mobile billing Jet supports the TAP2 standard for global mobile billing. More importers are continually being added, and if your importer is not listed, check with Obsidian.
Jet imports call data and then rates the calls based on the upstream provider’s call classification codes, then rates according to the user’s plan structure to provide a margin on top of the wholesale cost of the call to the provider.
Jet’s online reporting provides full breakdowns of call data to your users, allowing resolution of phone billing queries easily through the online customer care portal, and allows administrators to view and respond to customer queries in a timely manner.
Report Server for Voice
The Jet Billing System has a Reporting Server Module that requires a secondary server to provide a number of suites of reports to clients. There are three options currently available with the report server.
All reports in the Report server are baked hourly, daily and monthly, and can be sorted and searched through the interface. A number of reports also come with Graphs (highlighted with a #)
- Global Usage Reports: #
- Global usage reports show a summary of calls across all accounts allowing you to easily view the most active callers, called number or highest call duration. The global data can even breakdown by call type, so limiting the summary to international, local, std, etc.
- Global usage reports may have multiple filters applied allowing the administrator to see which users are the highest callers of a given number or have the highest duration.
- Reports results can be searched, printed, saved and re-ordered all from the client browser.
- Quota alert report showing users that have been limited due to quota policy levels being breached.
- Call Manager Reporting:
- Call Congestion showing trunk congestion
- Call Route Inspection
- Unallocated usage report
- Unidentified services
- User Reports: #
- Voice usage reports are very similar to the administrator reports detailed above except they are restricted to the authenticated account.
- Billing reports allow a user to view and search call records billed based on the users invoices.
- Cost Centre base usage reporting allows access to the full range of reports using a subset of the accounts that are available to the cost centre. This report is hierarchy based and requires the hierarch to be setup correctly along with permissions.
- Financial Reports:
- View global billing summaries by product type, date, contract, cost, etc. This allows the viewing of billing summaries by product (a phone or device is normally attached to a single product, although additional products may be used for voicemail, call forwarding, etc)
- Top X by cost or usage.
- The User Billing Summary shows cost based history for each users product over time.
- The New Accounts by Referrer report provides a sales brief on new accounts by the sales, department or office generating the new revenue.
- Revenue Year-to-Date Report optionally broken down by cost center (if available) or month.
- Cost Centre Journals calculating a monthly breakdown by cost centre for users with 1 or more cost centre allocations during the month. This report will only be available if cost centre are configured.
- Quota purchase report showing what accounts are purchasing the most additional quote.
- Stock Control:
- Device History Report showing how devices have shifted from account to account.
- Usage By Device shows a summary of usage by device that leads back to the account usage for a more detailed data inspection.
- Server Metrics: #
- Disk IO
- Web User Interface Response Times
- Collector performance
Jet ISP & Telco’s flexible provisioning hooks allow you to integrate any upstream provisioning requirements, be it a simple automated email alerting users that they are low on credit, or a full API.
Voice data can enter the system in a variety of ways, including:
- Direct access to an Asterisk database.
- CDR files from a PABX system.
- CDR files from an upstream provider.
Jet’s voice billing module includes a generic usage importer, which gives ISPs & Telcos the flexibility to add new data types, such as Video and Music management and billing.
Bill Reconciliation Report – Voice
The Bill Reconciliation Report will take a monthly provider bill and Jet’s billed information and will reconcile how much Jet is charging the users verses how much Client has been charged by their voice provider.Voice AEnd to BEnd Call Rating Module
Aend to Bend rating
AEnd To BEnd allows rating a call based on the calling and destination phone numbers.